Successful yurt listings are all about presentation. When it comes to creating your listing, there are a few simple strategies for making your rental stand out above the rest. Here are five ways you can make your yurt listing successful on Airbnb.
1. Create a powerful title and description that represents your yurt
It can be hard to condense your yurt rental into 50 characters and a few sentences, but the best Airbnb listings have catchy titles and descriptions that attract customers. Here are a few helpful tips to craft appealing titles and descriptions:
- Avoid redundant location information, and include descriptive words that show the value of your rental.
- Use abbreviations and symbols to save characters.
- Emphasize property upgrades.
- Change your title and description seasonally to coincide with well-known attractions.
2. Price your yurt listing competitively
This is often one of the more challenging aspects of the Airbnb listing process. In the end, pricing your yurt is all about measuring the competition and naming an amount you feel is worth it.
Airbnb allows you to price your listing differently for weekends, weekdays, holidays, and seasons, so choose your targets accordingly. You can also price your yurt higher if the date is further out, but don’t be afraid to reduce it if days start to go unbooked.
Learn more about setting a rental pricing strategy.
3. Post quality pictures of your yurt on Airbnb
Far and away, photos are often the first and last things guests evaluate before deciding to book any yurt. While you don’t necessarily have to invest in a professional photographer, follow these tips:
- Include neat, spacious, and bright photos.
- Focus on the unique elements of your yurt by showcasing features, amenities, and unique aspects of your listing.
- Avoid photos that show unflattering angles of your rental, or images that make your space look small or unclean.
4. Invest in your Airbnb host profile
Setting up your host profile can feel like an unnecessary annoyance, but the majority of repeat bookings on Airbnb are from hosts that are open, responsive, and friendly throughout the booking process. Put time into your profile by uploading a family-friendly, high-quality photo and include all of the necessary contact information for renters to reach you.
- Establish your communication cadences up-front–even if it’s difficult to be available 24/7.
- Make it a habit to be as responsive as possible—responsive and friendly hosts are always the first to win bookings from the competition.
- Write thoughtful, positive responses to reviews in order to establish yourself as a dependable Airbnb host.
5. List your yurt amenities in full
Creating a phenomenal guest experience is all about quality and expectations. Being honest about what your yurt offers will ensure your guests are getting exactly what you offer, and nothing less. List your amenities in full and be honest about what your yurt offers.
Yurts are among the most eco-friendly dwellings in the world today, so highlighting the environmental friendliness of your yurt home, including sustainable gardening or recycling practices, is another essential piece to your listing.