When you design your yurt using our Yurt Builder 3D™, you’ll gain insight into costs, window and door location options, features, and more. This easy online design tool can be customized to help you envision your ideal custom yurt.
Below are the five steps needed to design and buy yurt kits using our Yurt Builder 3D™. You can also download the accompanying checklist, here.
1. Identify Your Yurt’s Purpose
Will you be hosting coastal yoga retreats in your yurt? Or will this be a place for mountain getaways? Some people live in yurts year-round. Understanding how you will use your yurt is a primary goal, as this will help you understand which features to prioritize when you build your own yurt.
Common yurt uses include:
2. Select a Yurt Size
Pacific Yurts are available in multiple sizes, accommodating your needs. We size yurts according to their diameter, from 12’ (a cozy private retreat) up to 30’ (a substantial family affair). With the assistance of a professional contractor, a larger yurt can accommodate interior walls, a kitchen, separate sleeping quarters, a bathroom, and even a loft.
For additional visual appreciation of different yurt sizes, check out our:
- 360° virtual yurt tours
- Smaller yurts image gallery
- 20’ yurts image gallery
- 24’ yurts image gallery
- 30’ yurts image gallery
3. Select Your Yurt Features
Each Pacific Yurt has standard and custom features. This is where you select wall and roof coverings, as well as the door and windows. We offer:
- Coverings in a palette of colors, with an optional, 15-year warrantied premium top cover for the roof
- Multiple door options that can highlight simplicity (panel doors), elegance (French doors), or lower maintenance (fiberglass doors).
- Different window options, including fabric windows or the glass window system. Window awning frames for fabric windows can also be added here.
4. Select Add-On Features
Where will your yurt be located? The climate will largely determine which additional features will be required. Additional add-on features include:
- Roof and wall insulation options that when combined with a good heat source will keep you cozy year-round.
- Weather kits such as snow and wind kits that improve the structural capability of your yurt as well as stove flashing or custom gutters that keep things flowing in wetter climates.
- A dome opener, a tinted dome, fan support, and/or bug/shade screens to keep things cool in sunny or tropical locales.
5. Submit a Quote and Talk to a Representative
At this point in the Yurt Builder 3D™ process, you’ll see a breakdown of yurt costs by size and features. Crating options are also listed here, along with an estimated total.
Our online design tool concludes with an area to enter your contact information, so that one of our representatives can connect with you with more details. Once your quote has been submitted, a copy will be emailed to you for your reference and convenience.
That’s it! After just a few clicks, you can have a yurt design and estimate through Yurt Builder 3D™. Buying a yurt couldn’t be easier.